Thursday, March 7, 2013

Oats Milkshake

This recipe I was suppose to post it in the Blogging marathon under the theme breakfast on the run,as I was ran out of brown sugar and dates I couldn't do it.This is a very healthy milkshake with oats and perfect for breakfast,I adapted the recipe from Saffola oats recipe booklet.I slightly tweaked the recipe to our taste buds and used a small banana to make it more healthy and filling.The recipe given is for single serving for a tall glass and here is my version.................


Ingredients

IngredientQuantity
Oats(quick oats)2tbs
Almonds/Badam6-7nos.
Dates4-5nos.
Brown sugar or honey 2tsp(optional)
Small Banana1no.
Milk(chilled)11/2cup



Method 

  • Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes,meanwhile cook the oats in microwave for a minute with water and keep it aside.
  • Blend almond,dates,brown sugar together to a fine paste with little milk.
  • Then add the cooked oats and banana,blend it well.
  • Finally add the milk and whip till everything gets blend well.
  • Pour it in a tall glass and serve it.
Enjoy...................................................................................

  • The addition of honey or brown sugar is purely optional,as we have sweet tooth I used.
  • Instead of cooking the oats it can be dry roasted and added but I like the cooked oats.
  • Using the quick oats makes the cooking easier in the microwave.
  • Fruits such as apple and strawberries can also used instead of banana.

Sumber http://www.naliniscooking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment